Sunday, February 8, 2009

Continually Humbled

Let me begin this post by stating the obvious...I screw up a lot!

That being said...this weekend I was reminded of my need for a Savior. My temper has always been something that has been a problem for me. This weekend I lost my cool on my girlfriend via the phone. Thanks to the Lord for an understanding girlfriend...she is awesome!! Supa cool.

The whole situation really reminded me of my fallen state as a human being. The past week or so I had begun to start to think everything in my life was realigning. Then, I blow it again. Maybe it is for the better, when I get on a "hot streak" I often begin to think that I am the man. Screwing up points me right to God again.

The pastor's message today was really fitting. He is doing a series on the Gospel's core. Today was basically about the fact that God completely forgives. I began to think about how difficult it is for me to accept this forgiveness. Often after I screw up I am so determined that God needs to punish me, I am awful...that I completely miss grace. It's almost like God is sitting there smiling at me while I sit cowering awaiting my punishment. How far off I am...God completely forgives me thanks to the blood of Christ. I forever sing the praises of Jesus, my Savior. How humbling it is that no matter how awful I am, I can not make God love me any less.

The challenge is to impart this message to others. No matter what you've done God loves you and genuinely wants to forgive. Let's take a minute to humble ourselves and realize how much we need Jesus in our lives. Thanks be to him for what he does for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment