Saturday, August 13, 2011

Perspective

Second year of medical school has started and I find myself already incredibly overwhelmed...it seems like far too much information to synthesize in such a short time. I find myself missing the people and places I enjoyed throughout the summer. It is easy for me to get down when I'm down here at school. I still do believe that my career as physician will one day make all of this worth it, but right now it's hard to see it.

I took a study break and listened to Kutless's song "Everything I need". It really reasonated with me. I have found myself buried in worry over how I will do on this test and how I will prepare for boards, etc. etc. It's funny how much "stuff" in our lives we feel we need.

I don't feel like a materialistic person...but I sure do have a lot of stuff. I wouldn't say I overvalue it, and I'm not saying it is a bad thing to have stuff for yourself. With me I guess I'm thinking more about my desire for success. I need to do so well on everything to feel satisfied.

There's a problem with this kind of thinking....I'm not perfect. I will always fall short of perfection. Success is not all I need.

The song says that Jesus is all we need. This is so true. I am thankful for the fact that I know Him and can rest easy in the fact that he will be by my side no matter the circumstance. I pray that as medical school gets busier, I find time each week to glorify the Savior of the universe. May I be reminded daily, that Christ is all I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment